LOGGING ONTO REMEMBERMELISA.BLOGSPOT.COM

You may log into the blog remembermelisa.blogspot.com
and post any thoughts or memories you have about my
beautiful bride. Go to blogspot.com and use the below login info

login:4mymel@gmail.com
password:boocefuss

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday afternoon

first of all, obviously there are two different people "blogging" on here about Melisa and her status (both of us using boo's log in info) I will start signing my name at the bottom of my posts so that it does not look like Boo is referring to himself in 3rd person when I write :)I am just trying to help boo out so that everyone can know about Melisa even when he does not get the time to write on here.

Today Melisa has been very sleepy all day... the nurse said she has not been given any extra pain meds today, she is just having a sleepy day. Her body has been going through so much it is amazing she has been awake as much as she has been the past few days anyways! Mel is improving daily...even though it is very slow progress it is indeed PROGRESS!! She is still on the ventilator but is doing most of the work on her own. The doctors just want to make reeeeeaaaaallllllll sure that they will not have to put the tube back in once they take it out and so they want her to keep getting a little stronger before they remove the tube-this is a good and a bad thing...it is good because they are doing their jobs and it would hurt SO bad if they had to put it back in after taking it out. But it is a bad thing because she wants to talk to everyone SO bad and we all want to hear her talk to us pretty dang bad as well!
Melisa is currently being fed through a feeding tube (since she is intubated) but only small amounts at a time. Yesterday when Boo asked if she was hungry her eyes got HUGE and she shook her head "yes" very big! This is GREAT considering Melisa was not wanting to eat anything at all for two weeks prior to being admitted into the hospital!
If anything else changes before tomorrow I will let you guys know!
thanks from all of Mel's family for everyone's thoughts and prayers!!!!

-Kenley (Boo and Melisa's niece)

1 comment:

trishacunetto said...

I am so glad to hear that Melisa is doing better! I hear Aidan's birthday party was quite a success! I am praying for yall and will continue to do so! Thanks for calling to check on me. I am still a little sore, but it seems very insignificant when I read about Melisa and how much she has had to endure. I am hoping to be able to eat a little turkey and dressing for on Thursday and to go watch the Dawgs beat the Rebels on Saturday! Please let us know if we can do anything for you. Hope to see Aidan on Monday.