LOGGING ONTO REMEMBERMELISA.BLOGSPOT.COM

You may log into the blog remembermelisa.blogspot.com
and post any thoughts or memories you have about my
beautiful bride. Go to blogspot.com and use the below login info

login:4mymel@gmail.com
password:boocefuss

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Evening

Spoke to Dr. Voyles before the 5:00 visitation. He is the surgeon that did Melisa's liver resection and, although he didn't do the surgery this time, he is considered her primary surgeon. He said she is progressing very nicely and is one heck of a strong woman. He did say, however, that she has two fights here and getting over the sepsis will be the easy fight. We are up against an aggressively growing cancer that is going unchecked until she's well and we get to MD Anderson. Until that point we have to fight this thing with good nutrition and lots of prayer and faith.

Melisa was in very good spirits. She was joking about being in a horribly uncomfortable hospital bed for two weeks now. She isn't having pain but she is very uncomfortable. She is able to use her arms more to help me move her around in bed but her hands are still tied to the bed to keep her from pulling out the ventilator tube. We are all hoping she will get it pulled out tomorrow.

Melisa was feeling well enough tonight that we convinced the charge nurse to let Aidan go back for a visit. He has been wanting to go back again but Melisa didn't want him to see her when she wasn't feeling like interacting with him. Both smiled ear to ear when he walked in the room and grabbed her hand. The biggest problem having him go back to see her is dealing with the ICU nurses that break down crying whenever they see him. Several have children close to Aidan's age and they put themselves in Melisa's position. I'm glad Melisa can't see me consoling all these cute nurses.haha :0

We love you all
Good night

6 comments:

Stephanie Agnew said...

Well we certainly know when it is you writing! Melisa seeing you consoling the nurses? My goal is now to pray she gets the strength to kick your butt. I'd be like the nurses and cry! I'm glad she is getting stronger and pray for her often. I wake up in the middle of the night and pray. Give her love for me! Stephanie

Jill said...

Thanks for doing this Boo... I've been thinking about you guys since you left and praying for you all. I'm glad she's doing better. We will continue to pray.

Unknown said...

Can't get you all off my mind, just know we love you and are lifting you up in prayer constantly! I love you cuz!

Dot Jenkins said...

Dr. Voyles is really correct in "that is one heck of a strong woman"!!! We all have seen that trait.
Love and prayers to you all.

linda templeton said...

I think of all of you daily and pray for God's continued blessings. So glad you have this blog so that we can follow your progress. love to you all.

Unknown said...

a GREAT Thanksgiving!! I can almost see that pretty smile on her face today.

Love y'all