LOGGING ONTO REMEMBERMELISA.BLOGSPOT.COM

You may log into the blog remembermelisa.blogspot.com
and post any thoughts or memories you have about my
beautiful bride. Go to blogspot.com and use the below login info

login:4mymel@gmail.com
password:boocefuss

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I AM SORRY!

I realize I didn't give you guys any updates yesterday. I am very sorry. Yesterday was one thing after another and I just didn't get a chance. For one I took my laptop to my cousin Ken so he could show me how to do payrole and unemployment taxes. I had to leave my laptop with him so he could figure it out. I thought I would get back to the hospital and use one of the PCs scattered around to submit an update but I never found a good time to sneak away.

Yesterday was kind of crazy. Aidan went to a birthday party with his cousins and I was going to take that time to write a blog, write some thank you notes and NAP! None of that got done.

It is hard to say how Melisa is doing. She seems to be getting weaker physically. She can no longer feed herself, she isn't speaking hardly any and when she does it's barely a wisper and her breathing is very rapid and labored. She is still able to eat orally and she is aware of everything in the room. We weren't sure she was processing the activity in the room yesterday but when her friend Betty came in today and started telling her what was going on in their lives she cocked her eyebrows a couple of times. She also lets me know real quick what food she doesn't like.

She has been on a very high oxygen concentration since 8:00 last night and it seems to be settling her breathing but she's not getting any stronger. Only time will tell what will happen.

Thank you all for you love, prayers and generosity. I have had a couple of text messages that let me know today's lunch was incredible. I am so honored and humbled by all this. Thank you can never be enough.

I love you all

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boo, Jerry and I know exactly how overwhelmingly grateful you are, we have been on the receiving end and I know that there aren't enough words to express it.
We are keeping you always in our prayers. I love you Cuz. Sissy

Unknown said...

Hi Boo,
I wish there was something I could do....just know that I think of you, Melisa, Aidan and the rest of your family often. Melisa is lucky to have someone as strong as you to be there for her through all of this. Thank you for letting us all know how she is doing! I miss my Starkville/USDA-ARS family! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys :)
-Summer