LOGGING ONTO REMEMBERMELISA.BLOGSPOT.COM

You may log into the blog remembermelisa.blogspot.com
and post any thoughts or memories you have about my
beautiful bride. Go to blogspot.com and use the below login info

login:4mymel@gmail.com
password:boocefuss

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A quick shout-out

Throughout Melisa's chemo therapy Davis Kelly has kept her supplied with Squencher popsicles. When she could eat nothing else she always wanted her Squenchersicles. Last night when the nurse told me she could have a popsicle Melisa roled her head over to me and mumbled something about getting one of those popsicles out of the freezer. I think she even said something about a Davis sicle. When I told her we weren't home and I couldn't get her one she roled her head back over and said "well sh!+". My sister is bringing her some tomorrow. If you haven't tried them they are very good and a great concept. They are also made in Columbus MS.

MORE ON OUR GIRL:
Today has been full of first for her recovery. Breakfast and lunch were great surprises. She ate well and didn't have any adverse reactions. She is back on the feeding tube which means she is now getting the basic nutrients to help her heal faster. She had physical therapy and sat up on the edge of the bed for several minutes. At lunch she drank quite a bit of ice tea which triggered loosening of mucous. The doctor said this was a good thing but she coughed, weakly, for an hour and wore herself completely out. Eventually they performed a deep suction(it appeared as painful as it sounds) which pulled all that mucous out. That procedure took place around 4:45 and I don't think she has opened her eyes since. Supper came in at 6:00 and she cracked her mouth enough for me to sqeeze in two small bites of potato soup but still never opened her eyes. I've been in this room since 5:00 yesterday so while she's knocked out I'm gonna run to the camper and get a change of clothes and my guitar. Did ya'll know Cash Cab comes on about ten times a day?

Ya'll stay on your knees for her. She is really making huge strides.

We love you

2 comments:

April said...

All this progress is truly a miracle! God has been so gracious and we are still praying for yall!

Stephanie Agnew said...

Boo it is so good to hear good things are happening and I'm so thankful that God is answering prayers! You both a loved by so many people and so many prayer's are going up for you all! I am not only praying for Mel but saying special prayers for you, Aidan and all your family as well. These type of situations take a toll on the whole family not just the one that is sick. You are a true testiment of what God wants each of his children to be. I'm thankful for the faith you and Melisa have lived in front of the rest of us! Love you both so much!