LOGGING ONTO REMEMBERMELISA.BLOGSPOT.COM

You may log into the blog remembermelisa.blogspot.com
and post any thoughts or memories you have about my
beautiful bride. Go to blogspot.com and use the below login info

login:4mymel@gmail.com
password:boocefuss

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Psalm 55

Mel Thurlow text it to me today and it really hammers home what our god promises us in times like this.

Listen to my prayer, O God.
Do not ignore my cry for help!
Please listen and answer me,
for I am overwhelmed by my troubles.
My enemies shout at me,
making loud and wicked threats.
They bring trouble on me,
hunting me down in their anger.

My heart is in anguish.
The terror of death overpowers me.
Fear and trembling overwhelm me.
I can't stop shaking.
Oh, how I wish I had wings like a dove:
then I would fly away and rest!
I would fly far away
to the quiet of the wilderness.
How quickly I would escape-far away from this wild storm of hatred.

What a glorious god we have. I think David knew God was listening to him but he just needed this prayer to remind himself God is with us when we are fearful. Especially as death approaches.

As for my Mel. Today much the same. I didn't get back from Starkville until about 11:00 so I missed the doctors first rounds. Ms Dot and Melia's brother Steve were here this morning and they said she stopped breathing for several seconds. Dr. Young came in a few seconds after and they asked her what had ust happened. Dr. Young said it was a symptom of multiple organs starting to fail. Most of her vital signs are still strong but her breathing is getting much more labored and there is more delay between breaths.

I brought her the prayer quilt the church gave her and it looks very pretty on her bed. I am so thankful for that ministry.

Going to drive to the camper now for a little sleep.

Love you all

2 comments:

Stephanie Agnew said...

Your strength is amazing and it clearly can only come from God. So many people love you all and continue to think of you constantly and pray for you. Peace and mercy is prayer today and always for you!

Unknown said...

you have been on my mind all day! Boo, your faith, your stength, is such a beautiful testimony To The Lord, how we Can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. He gives beauty for ashes,the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness: that they ight be called trees of righteouness, the planting of The Lord, that He might be glorified. Isaiah 61:3 You are an inspiration to me.