LOGGING ONTO REMEMBERMELISA.BLOGSPOT.COM

You may log into the blog remembermelisa.blogspot.com
and post any thoughts or memories you have about my
beautiful bride. Go to blogspot.com and use the below login info

login:4mymel@gmail.com
password:boocefuss

Monday, December 7, 2009

Today has been about the same. She has appeared to be a little more comfortable and resting better. Jason Franklin drove down today to see us and I think she was happy to see him. He talked to her for a while and she seemed to nod at him a few times and maybe even broke a smile once. I think she was relieved when he left though since the last time he visited her, in ICU, he almost threw up on her. Long story!

Jason came for lunch so I treated him to Gatti Town pizza and a few games. I think he had as much fun as Aidan. Since Jason isn't very skilled in the art of carney games we gave him a few of our tickets so he could buy some bubba teeth. We had a good time but more importantly I got to get out and laugh, cry and vent.

Dr. Young came by first thing this morning. She is Melisa's onchologist. We have loved her since our first consultation with her back in February. She has always been very optomistic about Melisa's recovery but, as well, she has always been very honest and straight forward. She has been telling me for the last couple weeks that Melisa and I would probably not make it to MD Anderson but that she would keep praying for a miracle too. I knew when she came over to give me Melisa's update and had tears in her eyes she knew Melisa didn't have very much time left. She told me it was pretty certain Melisa had days left rather than weeks but that she should remain fairly comfortable and pain free. I asked her if it would be possible for us to transport her back to OCH so all of you would have a chance to come visit and say goodbye. She said she would do everything possible to make that happen. So get ready Mel we are coming to see you, hopefully. Cindy Bigham your father was right about Dr. Young. She is one very special woman.

I'm sitting here looking at her and she is still so beautiful. Her insides are torn and ugly but outside she is as pretty as she's ever been.

I really do love every one of you.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Boo, please read Psalm 91, He is so Faithful! I love you, and will be lifting you all up in prayer, minute by minute today.

Jamey said...

Boo,
I just found this blog, and had no idea about your wife. I just wanted you to know that David and I will be praying for all of you that God's comfort and love would be very real to you during this time!! God is good! Isaiah 41:10. Love, Jamey and David Willers

SuperWifeSuperMomSuperTired said...

Praying for you and your family, Boo....
Lynda Willoughby

LT (and Max) said...

prayers are with you and your family.
Laura Tomlinson

Unknown said...

Boo, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family. God bless you all.

KT said...

Praying.

tripletmomplus1 said...

Boo, I had not read the blog in a week or so...but I've caught up. You and Melisa are both so strong, and you are both so much stronger together. I'm getting on my knees and praying.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalms 27:14

Michelle Tehan

Melita said...

We are praying for you, Melisa, and Aiden.

Melita & Tommy Tomlinson

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Praying for peace and comfort.
Melanie Rice
Madison, MS